Monday, October 26, 2009

Personal Narrative


Water War

I ducked to avoid two large squirts of water. In my crouched position I fired three shots at Connor. Two hit home. But as I was low down and Connor was now standing over me, I was an easier target for him. I was squirted at least for times before I got away.

I was at my friend Connor’s house. I had come over to stay the night. I couldn’t wait for tomorrow, when Connor and were going to wake up early and play his Xbox. After that we were going to have pancakes for breakfast.

But today we were bored. We went outside to play with water guns. Its not that we weren’t allowed to play with the water guns, it’s just that we hadn’t exactly told Connor’s mum. We were playing out in Connor’s backyard. It has a porch separated from a large grassy area with cloth walls. On the grass area there was a clothesline, a tree house and two boys having a water war.

I ran to the tree house, all the while exchanging inaccurate shots with Connor. I ran to the tree house’s ladder. Unfortunately I was too slow to climb the ladder. I was shot in the back by Connor. When I reached the top of the ladder I rushed inside the tree house and looked out the small window. Connor had already ran out of my range. I made a note to myself not to retreat to the tree house again.

I climbed out safely because Connor was so far away. I ran after him but he ran to the front of the house. He expected me to follow him but I didn’t. I knew that once Connor reached the front of the house he would run inside and out the back door. So I hid behind a rubbish bin, waiting for him to emerge.

After barely a minute the back door opened. I crept around to the end of the cloth wall.
Quick as a flash I turned and squirted. At Connor’s mum. At Connor’s soaked, astonished mum. Somehow I don’t think I will be getting many big pancakes for tomorrow’s breakfast.

No comments: